FISH OIL SALMON OMEGA- 3 OIL
Provides beneficial Omega-3 fatty acids.
Supports Normal Heart & Brain Function*
Vitamin E (asnatural d-alpha tocopheryl acetate), fish oil, Eicosapentaenoic acid, Docosahexaenoic acid, gelatin, glycerin purified water, and orange oil.
Fish oil can play an important role in the maintenance of your good health and well-being.
Salmon Omega-3 Oil is:
• Molecularly distilled to ensure exceptionally pure oil.
• Includes vitamin E to protect oil from oxidative rancidity.
• Includes orange oil to prevent fishy after-taste.
• Formulated to deliver higher levels of EPA and DHA than other fish oil products.
• Supportive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
• One serving of Salmon Omega-3 Oil provides 180 milligrams of EPA and 120 milligrams of DHA omega-3 fatty acids (see nutrition information for total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol content).*
Fish and fish oil receive increasing amounts of media attention as scientific evidence continues to provide information on their potential health benefits, the most notable being their ability to support normal heart function. In fact, the heart-health benefits of fish oil are so compelling, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has stated that, “Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.”
In addition to its profound heart-health benefits, fish oil also plays a fundamental role in the development and maintenance of brain and nervous functions such as preservation of memory and mental clarity.*
In 2002 the FDA approved supplementation of DHA in infant formula. DHA is potentially important in fetal and infant neural development, in that DHA and arachidonic acid have been shown to be incorporated into brain and retinal cell membranes—particularly during the third trimester and early infant life. Clinical research also suggests that fish oil can help support proper brain function. Fish oil supports the eyes and helps maintain early development of vision.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Salmon Omega-3 Oil was formulated to:
• Lower triglycerides by inhibiting lipogenesis and stimulating fatty acid oxidation in the liver*
• Supports regular heart beats*
• Helps to maintain normal blood flow*
• Maintain a healthy blood pressure*
• Help stabilize support vitality and general feelings of well-being*
• Support the immune system*
• Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease*
Fish oil contains essential fatty acids known as omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. The two main omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) have been shown to influence important biological functions.
DHA is the predominant structural fatty acid in the central nervous system and in the retina of the eyes. Thus, the availability of DHA is crucial for fetal and brain development and is also important for the maintenance of brain functions in adult life. DHA also helps to maintain brain fluidity and may help in the maintenance of cognitive functions. Some studies suggest that adequate DHA supports vision.*
EPA supports the synthesis of important compounds in the body. EPA is the precursor of thromboxane and leukotriene, compounds involved in supporting healthy circulation. They also promote healthy blood vessels.*
Q. Who May Benefit From Supplementing with Fish Oils?
A. Anybody that needs support for a healthy heart and circulation. Pregnant and nursing mothers (Speak with your doctor to see if this product is right for you before use.)
Q. How much fish oil can I take?
A. The U.S. National Institutes of Health recommends 650 mg of EPA and DHA per day. Individuals with a known risk of heart disease should take approximately 1000 mg per day. The American Heart Association recommends fish oil capsules for patients with severely high triglycerides. One serving of OmegaLife-3 contains 1000 mg of fish oil with 120 mg DHA and mg 180 EPA.
Note: It is also important to note that an increased adiposity (excess body fat) may reduce the blood level of these fatty acids. Thus, such individuals may need more fish oil, even without risk of heart diseases. Read and follow all instructions on the product label.
Q. How Can I Trust the Quality of Fish Oils?
A. The most concern people have is the risk of fish oil contamination with pollutants such as polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), dioxins and heavy metals such as mercury.
These pollutants are genuinely hazardous to health; hence the government has set limits of their levels in foods and supplements, to ensure safety of the public. At Unicity, safety is our flagship and we will not consider buying fish oils that do not meet the specifications set by the government. Every fish oil batch used in our product is tested and must meet our stringent specifications.
Q. Is Unicity Fish Oil Different From The Competitor?
A. Yes, Unicity fish oil is better that the competitors’ because:
• Our fish oil is molecularly distilled to ensure the highest purity oil
• Our fish oil can be guaranteed fresh because we went the extra mile of adding vitamin E to preserve freshness and help protect the oils against oxidative rancidity
• Some people do not like the “fishy burp,” which is one reason why some people do not take fish oil
• Our fish oils are routine tested to ensure that they are safe from pollutants
Q. I get my omega-3 fatty acids from flaxseed oil…do I need to take fish oil?
A. Flaxseed provides alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which is an omega-3 fatty acid that can be converted to EPA and DHA through a series of metabolic processes. However, humans have a limited capability to efficiently process this conversion. EPA and DHA from fish oil are directly incorporated into neuronal membranes to enhance their integrity and support neuronal functions.
Q. Is There Any Risk Associated With Taking Fish Oils?
A. Fish oil may result in blood thinning, therefore may increase the risk of bleeding, easy bruising and nosebleeds in people who are on blood thinning medications. Fish oil should also be stopped before surgery. Speak to your doctor before use if you have a medical condition.
Q. What’s the best way to get fish oil in my diet?
A. Studies have shown that many fish can contain high levels of mercury and other toxins from our polluted oceans. The health risks of these toxins can outweigh the potential benefits of omega-3 fish oil. Currently, it appears that the safest way to get omega-3s in your diet is from high quality, pharmaceutical grade fish oil supplements. The highest quality brands available today refine fish oil through a complex molecular distillation process to filter out any impurities.